Chair of International Economics
Welcome to the webpages of the Chair of International Economics.
- "Der Chinaschock: Was macht Deutschland anders?", Ökonomenstimme, September 25, 2017
- "Gemeinsam gegen die Giganten im Netz", Neue Zürcher Zeitung, September 25, 2017
- How Does International Competition Affect the Power Distribution in Firms?, Latest Thinking, September 2017
- "The China Shock: Why Germany is different", VoxEU, September 7, 2017
- "Das China-Rätsel", Handelsblatt, September 6, 2017
- "Gegen den Verfall der Lohnquote", Handelsblatt, May 30, 2017
- "Restoring Competition in the Digital Economy", Project Syndicate, May 17, 2017
- Dalia Marin proposes a "World Competition Network" to the G20 German Presidency, April 5, 2017
- "Die Superstar-Firmen bändigen", Tagesanzeiger, May 29, 2017
- The proposal as video at the Think 20 Summit "Global Solutions"
- "Gefährliche Macht der Superstars", SZ, May 16, 2017
- "Was die Roboter-Revolution für uns bedeutet", FAZ, February 22, 2017
- "Der Gegendruck wird riesig werden", rbb Inforadio, January 31, 2017
- "Multinational firms and corporate culture across countries", VoxEU, September 21, 2016
- "Ein Diplom schützt den Job nicht vor den Robotern", Neue Zürcher Zeitung, August 14, 2016
- "Die unerwarteten Spätfolgen des Mauerfalls für Österreichs Wirtschaft", Neue Zürcher Zeitung, August 13, 2016
- "Warum Österreich vom Wachstumspfad abkam", Die Presse, August 10, 2016
- "Was ist los mit dem ehemals besseren Deutschland?", Die Presse, August 8, 2016
- "Schwaches Wachstum in Österreich: die dunkle Seite der Osterweiterung", Huffington Post, August 5, 2016, and Ökonomenstimme, August 4, 2016
- "Schwächer als Bratislava", DIE ZEIT, July 28, 2016
- What's the Matter With Austria?, Project Syndicate, June 15, 2016
- "Inequality in Germany: How it differs from the US", VoxEU, June 2016
- Huffington Post interview, May 31, 2016
- "Ungleichheit: Wie anders ist Deutschland?", Ökonomenstimme, May 3, 2016
- "Woher die Spaltung kommt", DIE ZEIT, April 7, 2016
- "Offshoring, CEO pay, and the Organization of Firms", VoxEU, March 2016
- "Deutschland, der Organisationsweltmeister", Ökonomenstimme, October 26, 2015
- "Germany is not Volkswagen", Project Syndicate, October 7, 2015
- Recording by WDR 5 - Interview with Prof. Marin: "Exportweltmeister - Die Organisation macht's!"
- "Organisation ist alles", DIE ZEIT, August 27, 2015
- "Europe’s Export Superstars", Blogpost, July 14, 2015 (with J.Schymik and J.Tscheke)
- Dalia Marin in "Das Produktivitäts-Rätsel", FAZ, July 2015
Dalia Marin gave a keynote lecture on "The Rise of the Robots in Europe" at the Conference 'The Reindustrialization of Europe', Forum Europe, Brussels, June 2015.
- Dalia Marin`s Presentation at Deutsch-Italienisches Wirtschaftsforum, Gesellschaft 4.0, Mailand, April 2015
- Dalia Marin`s Interview about the social effects of the intelligent robots, Deutschlandradio Kultur, 2015
- "Abgesang auf die Akademiker", Die Presse, March 2015
- "Globalisation and the rise of the robots", VoxEU, November 2014
- "Die brillanten Roboter kommen", FAZ, November 2014
- "Wenn sich Bildung nicht lohnt", DIE ZEIT, November 2014
- "Education in the Second Machine Age", Project Syndicate, November 2014
- Dalia Marin`s presentation at Columbia University Global Center, Paris, October 2014
- Dalia Marin holds a Lecture at the Barcelona GSE Summer Forum on "Firms in the Global Economy", June 2015
- Dalia Marin holds a Keynote Lecture at the Workshop on Trade & Institutions, Ferrara (I), May 2015
Offshoring and Trade in Tasks
Dalia Marin will hold a lecture on "Firms Dynamics, Trade and Development" at Research Institute for Development, Growth and Economics (RIDGE), Montevideo (UY), December 2014.
Dalia Marin held a lecture at the 17. World Congress of the International Economic Association, Jordan, June 2014. programme
- Dalia Marin held a lecture at CESifo Area Conference on Global Economy, Munich, May 2014. programme
The Theory of the Firm goes Global
- Paper "The Theory of the Firm goes Global"
- Dalia Marin held a lecture at the European Trade Study Group (ETSG), Munich, September 2014.
- Dalia Marin held a lecture at the Winter Meeting of the Italian Trade Study Group (ITSG), Trento (I), November 2012. programme
- Dalia Marin held a talk at the Invited Session "Firms and entrepreneurship in developing countries" at the Annual Congress of the European Economic Association, Malaga (ESP), August 2012. programme
China`s future Growth Potential
"Keine Angst vor dem Großen Drachen", Interview with Dalia Marin in Einsichten - Das Forschungsmagazin, Number 1 / 2013, pp. 46-53.
"Do Multinationals Transplant their Business Model?", Dalia Marin held a talk at the Annual Meeting of the American Economic Association, January 2013 at the Invited Session "The Organizational Economics of Multinational Firms". Link to the Session Program.
Globalization and the Rise of CEO Pay
Dalia Marin held a lecture at the SFB/TR 15 conference, Caputh, October 2014
- What Explains the Rise in CEO Pay in Germany? A Panel Data Analysis for 1977-2009, SFB/TR 15 Discussion Paper No. 374, 2012 (with F. Fabbri)
- Press response:
"Compensation reflects the scarceness of managers", Interview with Prof. Marin on CEO compensation in Germany
FAZ, Handelsblatt, Zeit, EURO
- Interview with Dalia Marin on the topic Outsourcing, Income Inequality and CEO Pay, Bretton Woods, 2011
Dalia Marin at Harvard: Dalia Marin has spent her sabbatical from October 2011 to April 2012 at Harvard University, Department of Economics.
Globalisation and the New Organization of Firms
- The "New New Trade Theory": How it Matters for the Global Financial Crisis, Dalia Marin held a talk at the Bretton Woods Conference, Institute for New Economic Thinking, 2011
- The Theory of the Firm goes Global, Dalia Marin held a talk at the Conference Anniversary of “Grossman and Hart at 25”, June 24-26, 2011, University of Chicago and ECARES, Brussels, Paper
- "How Globalization changes the way firms do Business", Interview with Dalia Marin at dctp.tv, 2010
"The Organization of Firms in a Global Economy" Elhanan Helpman, Dalia Marin and Thierry Verdier